The Investment Mind
  • Stock
  • Economy
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Editor’s Pick
Editor's Pick

Repeat offender labeled ‘danger to the community’ walks free after Biden autopen clemency

by admin February 20, 2026
February 20, 2026

A repeat offender once described by federal prosecutors as a ‘danger to the community’ was set to be released Thursday after receiving a sentence commutation signed with an autopen in the final days of former President Joe Biden’s administration.

Oscar Freemond Fowler III had been serving a 12-year, six-month federal sentence after pleading guilty in 2024 to being a felon in possession of a gun and possession with intent to distribute cocaine. Federal prosecutors urged the court to impose at least 150 months in prison, citing his lengthy criminal history and arguing he posed an ongoing threat to the public.

Fowler was included in a Jan. 17, 2025, executive grant of clemency commuting the sentences of more than 2,500 inmates under the Biden administration. The warrant, issued in Washington and bearing Biden’s signature, was one of three clemency documents critics say were executed using an autopen.

While the Biden administration said the commutations were relief for non-violent drug offenders, the Oversight Project, a conservative investigative group for the Heritage Foundation, argues that Fowler’s history of violence makes him a clear danger to the public.

The Oversight Project issued a warning to Florida officials this week about Fowler’s release.

‘He is a dangerous criminal who’s supposed to be in jail for a very long time,’ Oversight Project President Mike Howell told Fox News Digital. ‘This is the exact person that should be in federal custody.’

The most serious allegations in Fowler’s past involve the death of Naykee Bostic in St. Petersburg. Bostic was found with 25 gunshot wounds shortly after Fowler had been released from a previous federal stint in 2013. While Fowler was acquitted of the murder in 2017 after two prior mistrials, the Oversight Project points to a 2024 sentencing memorandum stating that Fowler made a video-recorded admission to the killing and expressed a willingness to use violence again.

Howell said the case contradicts prior characterizations of the clemency actions as focusing on nonviolent offenders.

‘We agree with the Biden administration’s own Justice Department officials who flagged that these people were violent,’ Howell said. ‘Stop saying they’re nonviolent. The documents speak for themselves.’

Howell also questioned the legality of the autopen process.

‘The president has said these autopen commutations are null and void,’ Howell said. ‘DOJ had a choice to make — keep him in custody or release him — and they chose not to follow that direction.’

The Florida attorney general’s office did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment.

The release of Fowler comes after the House Oversight Committee’s GOP majority released a 100-page report in October 2025 detailing findings from its monthslong probe into Biden’s White House, specifically whether his inner circle covered up signs of mental decline and if that alleged cover-up extended to executive actions signed via autopen without Biden’s full awareness.

‘The Department of Justice should immediately conduct a review of all executive actions taken by President Biden between January 20, 2021, and January 19, 2025. Given the patterns and findings detailed herein, this review should focus particularly on all acts of clemency. However, it should also include all other types of executive actions.’

In an interview with The New York Times in July, Biden affirmed he ‘made every decision’ on his own.

This post appeared first on FOX NEWS

previous post
Iran rebuilding nuclear program despite Trump talks, opposition figure claims

You may also like

Iran rebuilding nuclear program despite Trump talks, opposition...

February 20, 2026

I need an expensive asthma drug to live....

February 20, 2026

Ex-Victoria’s Secret CEO’s lawyer caught on hot mic...

February 20, 2026

What America’s most powerful warship brings to the...

February 20, 2026

Florida execs sentenced in $233M Obamacare fraud that...

February 19, 2026

US thwarted near-catastrophic prison break of 6,000 ISIS...

February 19, 2026

Missile defense race shifts to space; experts say...

February 19, 2026

South Korean court rules ex‑President Yoon Suk Yeol...

February 19, 2026

Grandmother tells Trump critics to ‘get off the...

February 19, 2026

Why DOJ is caught up in two dozen...

February 18, 2026

    Stay updated with the latest news, exclusive offers, and special promotions. Sign up now and be the first to know! As a member, you'll receive curated content, insider tips, and invitations to exclusive events. Don't miss out on being part of something special.


    By opting in you agree to receive emails from us and our affiliates. Your information is secure and your privacy is protected.

    Recent Posts

    • CFTC chief sides with prediction markets over state regulators in a high-stakes court case

      February 19, 2026
    • Warner Bros. Discovery reopens talks with Paramount

      February 19, 2026
    • Justice Department’s antitrust chief says she’s leaving, effective immediately

      February 15, 2026
    • Cardi B’s cameo in Bad Bunny’s Super Bowl halftime show leads to dispute on prediction markets

      February 13, 2026
    • Retail operator of outdoor sportswear pioneer Eddie Bauer files for bankruptcy

      February 12, 2026
    • About us
    • Contact us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms & Conditions

    Copyright © 2025 theinvestmentmind.com | All Rights Reserved

    The Investment Mind
    • Stock
    • Economy
    • Business
    • Politics
    • Editor’s Pick